The Anatomy & Physiology for the Health Sciences course provides a thorough overview of the structure and function of the systems of the human body, and a detailed knowledge of all body systems.
Anatomy & Physiology Overview
- Self-directed course delivered entirely online
- Enrol anytime
- 150 hours of learning, to be completed in up to 12 months
- Qualifies as a biomedical science credit for applicants to the Health Information Management program who do not have minimum Grade 12 Science
Who should take the Anatomy & Physiology course?
CHA Learning suggests taking Anatomy & Physiology prior to or concurrently with the Pathophysiology course. This is not mandatory, but recommended. This course can be taken in combination with Anatomy & Physiology and/or Medical Terminology.
This course is designed for anyone wishing to gain a comprehensive understanding of human anatomy and pathology, and those wishing to enter fields related to healthcare or health sciences.
This course is eligible for exemption for those accepted to CHA Learning’s Health Information Management (HIM) program.
At the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Apply biomedical terms typically encountered in health care documentation including pronunciation and spelling
- Apply medical abbreviations and acronyms found in health care documentation with respect to their general meaning
- Understand the role of risk factors in health and disease
- Demonstrate the usage of various resources to clarify understanding of medical terms and conditions
- Demonstrate knowledge of the structural units of the body including cells, tissues, organ, and body systems
- Examine the anatomical structures, their location and associated physiological functions, for each tissue, organ, and body system
- Demonstrate knowledge of the relationship between body systems or functions and the whole body
There are no awards available for this course or program at this time. Click here to learn more about student awards.
To be successful in the Anatomy & Physiology course, students should meet the following requirements.
English is the language of instruction for all CHA Learning courses. It is therefore recommended that students be competent in reading, writing and speaking English.
Students must have basic computer knowledge and internet navigation skills; and access to a computer with Windows 7 or higher.
- CHA Learning staff can only assist Windows operating system users and provide technical support in relation to our website; we do not provide technical support for internet and/or basic computer use.
Other technical requirements:
|Screen Resolution||800x600 (minimum); 1024x768 (recommended)|
|Internet Browser||The most recent version of one of the following:
|Plug-ins||Pop-up blocker: Disabled
Java Script: Enabled
Adobe Flash Player V13 (minimum)
|Internet Connection||Broadband (cable or DSL) connection required|
|Software||Word processing software AND Adobe Reader|
|Other||Access to a scanner|
There are no application prerequisites for this course. To enrol:
- Click on the enrol/apply button
- Add the product to your cart
- Create an account if you are new to CHA Learning or sign in to your existing account
- Complete the Billing Information page
- Enter your payment information, accept the terms and conditions and make your payment
- Within seven business days you will receive an email with instructions to access the course/program materials.
Students are evaluated on 25 chapter quizzes. Quizzes must be completed online and are self-marking. The quizzes are worth 50% of the overall course grade. Once all chapter quizzes have been completed, students will be able to access the final exam. The final exam is timed (2.5 hours) and a minimum grade of 50% is required to pass. The final exam is weighted at 50% of the overall course grade.
To achieve a certificate, students must earn an overall average of 60% or more in the course.
Anatomy & Physiology Course Certificate
CHA Learning will award students a certificate for successful completion of the course.
Anatomy & Physiology Credits
This course qualifies as a biomedical science credit for applicants to the Health Information Management program who do not have minimum Grade 12 Science, and qualifies for an exemption within the HIM program curriculum. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- $550 for Canadians
- $750 for International Students
A textbook is also required, which students must buy independently, find more information below.
All prices listed above are in CAD.
Please note: Bulk enrolment discounts are available for groups. Please review the Group Enrolment information here.
The required textbook must be purchased independently by the student, it is not included in the tuition price.
Book Title: The Human Body in Health & Disease, 7th Edition (2018) authored by Kevin Patton and Gary Thibodeau
The following ISBNs are associated with this title:
The Anatomy & Physiology course is divided into 25 units:
- Introduction to the Body
- Chemistry of Life
- Organ Systems
- Mechanisms of Disease
- Skin and Membranes
- Skeletal System
- Muscular System
- Nervous System
- Endocrine System
- Circulation of Blood
- Lymphatic System and Immunity
- Respiratory System
- Digestive System
- Nutrition and Metabolism
- Urinary System
- Fluid & Electrolyte Balance
- Acid-Base Balance
- Reproductive Systems
- Growth, Development, and Aging
- Genetics and Genetic Diseases