You have the ability to influence successful change in your organization. In this course, you will enhance your leadership confidence by recognizing the behaviours, styles, and engagement skills needed to be an effective healthcare leader.
- Applicable to your daily work for immediate results
- Two short modules:
- Leadership Behaviours
- Leadership Styles
- Enrol any time
- Delivered entirely online
- Interactive and engaging: This course has been designed to be fully interactive and visually engaging. In this course you’ll find reality-based scenarios, curated resources and high quality, meaningful content that will keep you motivated to learn.
- Complete in as little as 90 minutes, on your schedule, at your own pace (in up to a maximum of 3 months)
Who should take Engage to Influence Change (Leadership Express)?
This course is designed for new or aspiring leaders working within any sector of healthcare. You will learn about yourself, your leadership style(s) and how to engage with others to create change in your department and/or organization.
At the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe how effective leadership can engage others in change
- Recognize the connection between building trust and engaging others in change
- Describe behaviours that encourage and discourage engagement
- Analyze and assess your strengths and limitations in interpersonal leadership and set direction for enhancement
- Describe style within the context of leadership
- Evaluate a range of leadership styles for their benefits and potential impact on others
- Identify your own leadership style(s) and recognize areas of strengths and improvement
There are no awards available for this course at this time. Click here to learn more about student awards.
To be successful in this course, students should meet the following requirements.
English is the language of instruction for all CHA Learning courses. It is therefore recommended that students be competent in reading, writing and speaking English.
Students must have basic computer knowledge and internet navigation skills; and access to a computer with Windows 7 or higher.
- CHA Learning staff can only assist Windows operating system users and provide technical support in relation to our website; we do not provide technical support for the internet and/or basic computer use.
Other technical requirements:
|Screen Resolution||800x600 (minimum); 1024x768 (recommended)|
|Internet Browser||The most recent version of one of the following:
|Plug-ins||Pop-up blocker: Disabled
Java Script: Enabled
Adobe Flash Player V13 (minimum)
|Internet Connection||Broadband (cable or DSL) connection required|
There are no application prerequisites for this course. To enrol:
- Click on the enrol/apply button
- Add the product to your cart
- Create an account if you are new to CHA Learning or sign in to your existing account
- Complete the Billing Information page
- Enter your payment information, accept the terms and conditions and make your payment
- Within seven business days you will receive an email with instructions to access the course/program materials
To achieve a certificate, students must complete all course components and achieve 70% or greater in each module quiz.
CHA Learning will award students a certificate of successful completion.
- $100 for Canadians
- $125 for International Students
All prices listed above are in CAD.
Please note: Bulk registration discounts are available for groups. Please review the Group Enrolment information here.
This course includes the following topics:
- The importance of management and leadership during change
- Leadership behaviours that encourage engagement
- Behaviours that discourage engagement
- Leadership styles