In Partnership with CCHL through LEADS Canada
Special COVID-19 Offer
Start the LEADS Inspired Leadership Program for only $359.00
This special offer includes installment payments and more time to complete the program.
Enrol in the Lead Self course by June 30th and receive this rate on each subsequent course purchased within the next 8 months.
This dynamic and interactive course explores the Systems Transformation domain of the LEADS in a Caring Environment leadership framework. This domain is fundamentally about understanding a system in order to orchestrate change and cultivate a culture of innovation.
Paying attention to the dynamics of complex systems (i.e., systems within systems) is critical. Both formal and informal leaders must be able to achieve solutions that will create a better health system for the future. This requires leaders who are comfortable guiding others through the ambiguity and messiness of changing times. They create environments where people are challenged to think differently, and they continuously grow this capability.
Systems Transformation at a glance
- This course is part of the LEADS Inspired Leadership Program
- Enrol at any time
- Approximately 8 hours of interactive learning to be completed at your own pace in up to 2 months
- Designed with busy professionals in mind
- This course meets the Canadian College of Health Leaders’ Certified Health Executive (CHE) Select Program requirement for the Systems Transformation domain
- Facilitated by certified LEADS Canada faculty
- Developed in partnership with CCHL through LEADS Canada
- Eligible for 2 CCHL maintenance of certification credits (MOCs)
Who should take Systems Transformation course?
- Those pursuing the CHE Select designation from the Canadian College of Health Leaders and require completion of the Systems Transformation domain
- Frontline and point-of-service professionals in health
- New and experienced managers (e.g., supervisor, team lead, manager, director)
- Those who successfully completed previous CHA Learning courses (e.g., Management Essentials, Integrated Quality Management, Food Service and Nutrition Management, and Health Information Management)
- Those wanting to enhance or refresh their leadership capabilities
Participants can be individuals – or teams – from:
- Across the entire continuum of health services
- Healthcare organizations supporting the health system at all levels (local to national organizations)
- Ministries of health and health authorities
At the completion of this course you will have:
- Appreciated how complexity theory and systems thinking contribute to shaping the health system.
- Employed tools and techniques to assess your own, your colleagues’, and your organization’s capacity for change and change readiness.
- Examined how to think toward the future and identify factors that will influence your strategic vision.
- Achieved increased awareness of the elements that support a culture of innovation.
There are no awards available for this course at this time. Click here to learn more about student awards.
All faculty are LEADS Canada certified.
English is the language of instruction for all CHA Learning courses. It is therefore recommended that students be competent in reading, writing and speaking English. For more information please contact us.
Students must have basic computer knowledge and internet navigation skills; and access to a computer with Windows 7 or higher.
- Students choosing to use Mac or Linux operating system must have experience using alternate remote access software.
- CHA Learning staff can only assist Windows operating system users and provide technical support in relation to our website; we do not provide technical support for internet and/or basic computer use.
Other technical requirements:
|CHA Learning Technical Requirements|
|Screen Resolution||800×600 (minimum); 1024×768 (recommended)|
|Internet Browsers||The most recent version of one of the following:
|Plug-ins||Pop-up blocker: disabled
Java Script: Enabled
|Internet Connection||Broadband (cable or DSL) connection required|
|Software||Word processing software, Adobe Reader|
There are no application prerequisites for this course. To enrol:
- Click on the enrol button
- Add the product to your cart
- Create an account if you are new to CHA Learning or sign into your existing account
- Complete the Billing Information page
- Enter your payment information, accept the terms and conditions and make your payment
- You will receive an email with instructions to access the course material within 5-7 days.
Participants complete one graded assessment which will be marked by the faculty. Feedback will be provided. Participants must achieve an overall grade of 60% to pass this course.
In addition, through case-based learning, the participant will develop their own leadership scenario related to this course. (The leadership scenario is not submitted for assessment or feedback).
Reflection and other learning activities are included to enhance learning and are not graded.
CHA Learning will award students a certificate for successful completion of the course.
Special COVID-19 offer until June 30, 2020
- Purchase Course 1: Lead Self at $359.00 by June 30, 2020 and pay $359.00 for subsequent courses purchased in the following 8 months.
- Those who complete the full program under the terms of the special COVID-19 offer may be eligible for a $200 discount on the CHE Program offered by the Canadian College of Health Leaders.
- $450 for Canadians
- $650 for International students
All prices listed above are in CAD.
Please note: Bulk registration discounts are available for groups. Please review the Group Enrolment information here.
In this course you will explore methods of critical thinking that will enable you to solve problems and implement effective processes across systems and stakeholders. You will also discover the importance of encouraging and supporting innovation, as well as environmental scanning for trends and tools that will shape the system and improve health service delivery.
The course includes case-based learning and exploration of the Systems Transformation domain of the LEADS in a Caring Environment framework. The course includes:
- A domain assessment (graded)
- A case scenario activity (not graded)
- Reflection and other learning activities (not graded)
The course includes the following four Systems Transformation capabilities:
|Demonstrate systems and critical thinking.||You think analytically and conceptually, questioning and challenging the status quo to identify issues, solve problems, design, and implement effective processes across systems and stakeholders.|
|Champion and orchestrate change.||You actively contribute to change processes that improve health service delivery.|
|Orient themselves strategically to the future.||You scan the environment for ideas, best practices, and emerging trends that will shape the system.|
|Encourage and support innovation.||You create a climate of continuous improvement and creativity aimed at systemic change.|