Find ways to do more with existing limited resources, including your own time.
In this course, you will learn how to use Lean concepts to manage your time and workload effectively to enhance performance in delegating, prioritizing and increasing efficiency. By the end of this course, you will be able to see your work through the Lean lens of eliminating workplace “waste” and be able to apply Lean tools to optimize your time – without compromising quality – and do what matters most.
- Applicable to your daily work for immediate results
- Three short modules:
- Introduction to Lean
- Lean Tools
- Enhancing Workplace Efficiency
- Enrol any time
- Fully online
- Interactive and engaging: This course has been designed to be fully interactive and visually engaging. In this course, you’ll find reality-based scenarios, curated resources and high quality, meaningful content that will keep you motivated to learn.
- Complete in as little as 2 hours, on your schedule, at your own pace (in up to a maximum of 3 months)
Who should take Time Management Express?
Effective time management is essential for everyone. This course is designed for anyone from across the healthcare continuum and in organizations supporting the health system.
At the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe Lean values and principles
- Identify work activities as being “value-add”, “necessary non value-add” or “non-value add” and how all affect workflow
- Recognize where and how to apply Lean principles and concepts to increase value and eliminate waste in your daily work
- Describe core Lean tools, including standard work, value stream mapping, and visual management.
- Recognize how Lean tools can be applied to improve healthcare processes
- Apply effective approaches to delegation, managing meetings and managing your time on a daily basis.
There are no awards available for this course or program at this time. Click here to learn more about student awards.
To be successful in this course, students should meet the following requirements.
English is the language of instruction for all CHA Learning courses. It is therefore recommended that students be competent in reading, writing and speaking English.
Students must have basic computer knowledge and internet navigation skills; and access to a computer with Windows 7 or higher.
Please note: CHA Learning staff can only assist Windows operating system users and provide technical support in relation to our website; we do not provide technical support for the internet and/or basic computer use.
Other technical requirements:
|Screen Resolution||800x600 (minimum); 1024x768 (recommended)|
|Internet Browser||The most recent version of one of the following:
|Plug-ins||Pop-up blocker: Disabled
Java Script: Enabled
Adobe Flash Player V13 (minimum)
|Internet Connection||Broadband (cable or DSL) connection required|
Enrolment will open for this course in December 2018
There are no application prerequisites for this course. To enrol:
- Click on the enrol/apply button
- Add the product to your cart
- Create an account if you are new to CHA Learning or sign in to your existing account
- Complete the Billing Information page
- Enter your payment information, accept the terms and conditions and make your payment
- Within seven business days you will receive an email with instructions to access the course/program materials.
To achieve a certificate, students must complete all course components and achieve 70% or greater in each module quiz.
CHA Learning will award students a certificate of successful completion.
- $100.00 for Canadians
- $125.00 for international students
All prices listed above are in CAD.
Please note: Bulk registration discounts are available for groups. Please review the Group Enrolment information here.
This course includes the following topics:
- Introduction to Lean philosophy and methodology
- Common sources of workplace loss
- How to identify and eliminate workplace waste
- Introduction to Lean tools
- Running efficient meetings