CHA Learning partners with Leading Edge Group to present the Health Economics Course. This online course introduces students to the discipline of heath economics, and provides practical tools and techniques. It helps students develop skills to analyze and evaluate typical resource allocation problems involving health and healthcare. The course also provides students with an analytical toolkit and evidence base to help them better understand the efficiency and equity implications of these key resource allocation decisions.
Leading Edge Group’s programs are internationally recognized and certified by university and professional bodies.
Health Economics at-a-glance
- Delivered entirely online
- Register at any time
- Developed and support by experts in health economics
- 85 hours of learning time, to be completed within six months
Who should take the Health Economics course?
This course is designed for healthcare professionals, practitioners and administrators who wish to learn how to understand and apply health economics to improve decision making, project evaluation, policy analysis and value communication. This may include people working in:
- Finance/administration/ commissioning in healthcare organizations/networks
- Healthcare policy and advocacy
- Medical devices and pharmaceutical sectors
- Healthcare research and evaluation
At the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Find, assess and interpret health economic evidence
- Identify key steps in modeling project scenarios in order to aid decision making
- Explain the key steps in planning economic evaluations of projects to calculate return on investment
There are no awards available for this course or program at this time. Click here to learn more about student awards.
- PC computers should use Windows XP Operating System (or better)
- Macintosh computers should run OS X
- Mobile devices such as tablet computers can be used
- However, some features (like playing Flash video-based content) may be inaccessible on devices that do not fully support these features
- The Puffin browser on iPad successfully plays Flash video; however, the Safari browser does not do this
- All computers should have at least 1 GB of RAM, 1 GB of free disk space, a broadband Internet connection (DSL or cable recommended), and a sound card with speakers or headphones
To enrol in this course please visit the Leading Edge Group website and follow their registration process.
All course materials are provided online and include course content, online quizzes, tools and templates, readings, a final exam, and a program evaluation.
To pass this course, students must achieve 50% or greater in each component, and an overall grade of 50% or greater.
Upon successful completion of the course, students receive a certificate in Health Economics from Leading Edge Group.
- $2,650 + tax
All prices listed above are in CAD.
The Health Economics course is divided into the following 4 modules:
- Module 1: Introduction to health economics and economic evaluation
- Module 2: Core concepts in health economic evaluation
- Module 3: Introduction to health economic evaluation methods
- Module 4: Simulations and budget impact
To learn more about the curriculum, visit the Leading Edge Group website.