Managing & Leading People Course
Managing staff can be one of the biggest challenges that a manager in healthcare faces, while, at the same time, it can also be one of the most rewarding aspects of the role. At the completion of this course, you will understand the challenge of transitioning from colleague and co-worker to manager, understand what it means to manage and lead staff and implement techniques to motivate staff and manage communication and conflict. You have likely heard it said that an organization’s most important resource is its people. As a manager you have been given a great responsibility to manage one of your organization’s greatest resources and leadership aims at enhancing their engagement.
Why take this Course?
- Built for new and aspiring managers
- Delivered entirely online, register at any time
- Innovatively weaves leadership throughout using the LEADS in a Caring Environment Leadership Framework
- “Keys to Success” videos created specifically for this course by prominent Canadian healthcare leaders
- This course is part of the Management Essentials Program. For more information about the Management Essentials Program click here
- There are no application prerequisites for this program
- There is a required textbook for this program:
The required textbook must be purchased independently by the student, it is not included in the tuition price.
Book title: “Bringing Leadership to Life in Health: LEADS in a Caring Environment” authored by Graham Dickson and Bill Tholl.
The following ISBNs are associated with this title:
ISBN – 13: 978-1-4471-7026-6
ISBN – 13: 978-1-4471-4874-6
- Approximately 25 hours
- Complete in up to 4 months, at your own pace
At the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the difference between managing and leading people
- Identify your personal strengths and limitations as a manager and develop an action plan to address the specific areas
- Identify strategies for making a successful transition from a non-managerial to managerial role
- Understand and apply techniques for effective communication
- Implement strategies for dealing with conflict – what to do if there is a conflict and how to do it
- Describe the practices pertaining to recruitment and selection of employees
- Implement techniques to engage and retain your staff
- Describe the key elements of performance management
- Describe unionization and the role of unions in the workplace
- Understand and describe the elements of a healthy workplace
Managing & Leading People Course Quick FAQ
- What will I achieve at the completion of this course?
At the end of this course, you will receive a certificate from CHA Learning.
- If I choose to take all of the courses or transfer to the full program, will I get credit for taking this course alone?
Yes, taking the individual courses will count towards completion if you choose to transfer to the full program.
Are you an employer looking to train a group?
Partner with us for your team’s professional development.
Why Choose CHA Learning
With over 70 years of history as a healthcare non-profit, online learning is all we do. Tens of thousands of professionals have graduated from our programs and gone on to positively impact the health system. Our healthcare experts and faculty coaches are industry leaders. Our team provides exceptional support and truly cares about your success. Learn more about us.
CHA Learning Info To Go
Need information about our programs you can take anywhere?
Download our brochure.