Understanding the Canadian Health System(s) Course
Change is a constant, especially in healthcare. As a new/aspiring manager you have made a deliberate change in your role in the healthcare environment. As your role has expanded, so too has the need for you to understand the foundations of the current healthcare system. In your management role you will benefit from a broader perspective of the healthcare system than you had before.
The attributes of the Canadian health system define the rules and factors that help you deliver services; or get in the way of delivering services or improving them. Being aware of those factors is fundamental to being able to decide what to do as a manager and how best to do it.
Why Take This Course?
- Built for new and aspiring managers
- Delivered entirely online, register at any time
- Innovatively weaves leadership throughout using the LEADS in a Caring Environment Leadership Framework
- “Keys to Success” videos created specifically for this course by prominent Canadian healthcare leaders
- This course is part of the Management Essentials Program. For more information about the Management Essentials Program click here
- There are no application prerequisites for this program
- There is a required textbook for this program:
The required textbook must be purchased independently by the student, it is not included in the tuition price.
Book title: “Bringing Leadership to Life in Health: LEADS in a Caring Environment” authored by Graham Dickson and Bill Tholl.
The following ISBNs are associated with this title:
ISBN – 13: 978-1-4471-7026-6
ISBN – 13: 978-1-4471-4874-6
- Approximately 25 hours
- Complete in up to 4 months, at your own pace
At the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the values of the Canadian health system
- Differentiate between the roles the federal, provincial and territorial governments play in Canada’s healthcare environment
- Explain why Canada’s health system is considered to be primarily a public versus a private system
- Describe how health care service delivery is organized within provinces and regions
- Outline how Canada’s doctors are engaged within the health system, and how their method of engagement requires them to be considered independent consultants
Understanding the Canadian Health System(s) Course Quick FAQ
- What will I achieve at the completion of this course?
At the end of this course, you will receive a certificate from CHA Learning.
- If I choose to take all of the courses or transfer to the full program, will I get credit for taking this course alone?
Yes, taking the individual courses will count towards completion if you choose to transfer to the full program.
Are you an employer looking to train a group?
Partner with us for your team’s professional development.
Why Choose CHA Learning
With over 70 years of history as a healthcare non-profit, online learning is all we do. Tens of thousands of professionals have graduated from our programs and gone on to positively impact the health system. Our healthcare experts and faculty coaches are industry leaders. Our team provides exceptional support and truly cares about your success. Learn more about us.
CHA Learning Info To Go
Need information about our programs you can take anywhere?
Download our brochure.