In Partnership with CCHL through LEADS Canada
Special COVID-19 Offer
Start the LEADS Inspired Leadership Program for only $359.00
This special offer includes installment payments and more time to complete the program.
Enrol in the Lead Self course by June 30th and receive this rate on each subsequent course purchased within the next 8 months.
This dynamic and interactive course explores the Engage Others domain of the LEADS in a Caring Environment leadership framework. This domain focuses on four capabilities that you as a leader must carry out: contributing to the creation of healthy organizations, fostering the development of others, communicating effectively, and building teams.
Your success as a leader depends upon your ability to influence the actions of others. Without willing, energized, and engaged followers, a leader is unable to accomplish results on any significant scale. Leaders engage others through personal influence, teamwork, trust, communication, and the creation and management of performance expectations.
Engage Others at a glance
- This course is part of the LEADS Inspired Leadership Program
- Enrol at any time
- Approximately 8 hours of interactive learning to be completed at your own pace in up to 2 months
- Designed with busy professionals in mind
- This course meets the Canadian College of Health Leaders’ Certified Health Executive (CHE) Select Program requirement for the Engage Others domain
- Facilitated by certified LEADS Canada faculty
- Developed in partnership with CCHL through LEADS Canada
- Eligible for 2 CCHL maintenance of certification credits (MOCs)
Who should take Lead Self course?
- Those pursuing the CHE Select designation from the Canadian College of Health Leaders and require completion of the Engage Others domain
- Frontline and point-of-service professionals in health
- New and experienced managers (e.g., supervisor, team lead, manager, director)
- Those who successfully completed previous CHA Learning courses (e.g., Management Essentials, Integrated Quality Management, Food Service and Nutrition Management, and Health Information Management)
- Those wanting to enhance or refresh their leadership capabilities
Participants can be individuals – or teams – from:
- Across the entire continuum of health services
- Healthcare organizations supporting the health system at all levels (local to national organizations)
- Ministries of health and health authorities
At the completion of this course you will have:
- Recognized when others are engaged in their work.
- Described the elements that create a healthy environment, including having meaningful opportunities and resources to contribute.
- Explored approaches to foster the development of others, including supporting and challenging those around you to achieve their personal and professional goals.
- Practised communication skills that facilitate an environment of collaboration to achieve results, as well as identify elements of effective teamwork.
There are no awards available for this course at this time. Click here to learn more about student awards.
All faculty are LEADS Canada certified.
English is the language of instruction for all CHA Learning courses. It is therefore recommended that students be competent in reading, writing and speaking English. For more information please contact us.
Students must have basic computer knowledge and internet navigation skills; and access to a computer with Windows 7 or higher.
- Students choosing to use Mac or Linux operating system must have experience using alternate remote access software.
- CHA Learning staff can only assist Windows operating system users and provide technical support in relation to our website; we do not provide technical support for internet and/or basic computer use.
Other technical requirements:
|CHA Learning Technical Requirements|
|Screen Resolution||800×600 (minimum); 1024×768 (recommended)|
|Internet Browsers||The most recent version of one of the following:
|Plug-ins||Pop-up blocker: disabled
Java Script: Enabled
|Internet Connection||Broadband (cable or DSL) connection required|
|Software||Word processing software, Adobe Reader|
There are no application prerequisites for this course. To enrol:
- Click on the enrol button
- Add the product to your cart
- Create an account if you are new to CHA Learning or sign into your existing account
- Complete the Billing Information page
- Enter your payment information, accept the terms and conditions and make your payment
- You will receive an email with instructions to access the course material within 5-7 days.
Participants complete one graded assessment which will be marked by the faculty. Feedback will be provided. Participants must achieve an overall grade of 60% to pass this course.
In addition, through case-based learning, the participant will develop their own leadership scenario related to this course. (The leadership scenario is not submitted for assessment or feedback).
Reflection and other learning activities are included to enhance learning and are not graded.
CHA Learning will award students a certificate for successful completion of the course.
Special COVID-19 offer until June 30, 2020
- Purchase Course 1: Lead Self at $359.00 by June 30, 2020 and pay $359.00 for subsequent courses purchased in the following 8 months.
- Those who complete the full program under the terms of the special COVID-19 offer may be eligible for a $200 discount on the CHE Program offered by the Canadian College of Health Leaders.
- $450 for Canadians
- $650 for International students
All prices listed above are in CAD.
Please note: Bulk registration discounts are available for groups. Please review the Group Enrolment information here.
In this course you will explore the concept that leading others is grounded in engaging and connecting with others: behaviours that foster growth, promote effective communication, and create healthy environments contribute to building strong teams.
The course includes case-based learning and exploration of the Engage Others domain of the LEADS in a Caring Environment framework. The course includes:
- A domain assessment (graded)
- A case scenario activity (not graded)
- Reflection and other learning activities (not graded)
The course includes the following four Engage Others capabilities:
|Contribute to the creation of healthy organizations.||You create engaging environments where others have meaningful opportunities to contribute and ensure that resources are available to fulfill their expected responsibilities.|
|Foster development of others.||You support and challenge others to achieve professional and personal goals|
|Communicate effectively.||You listen well and encourage open exchange of information and ideas using appropriate communication media.|
|Build teams.||You facilitate environments of collaboration and cooperation to achieve results.|