LEADS Inspired Leadership brings online the renowned LEADS Learning Series that has been transforming health leadership for more than a decade. This unique online program provides an opportunity for you to transform your own leadership capability and style. Dynamic and interactive courses explore each of the LEADS domains and their capabilities and empower you to enhance your skills in decision making, influencing and inspiring others to lead change and organizational transformation in health and health care. LEADS Inspired Leadership is designed to be immediately applicable to your current role. By the end of the program you will have the confidence to express your leadership voice to meet the challenges you face, whenever they arise and wherever you work.
- The only fully online program that meets the LEADS Learning Series requirement for the CHE Select program of the Canadian College of Health Leaders (CCHL)
- Approximately 50 hours of learning to be completed at your own pace in up to 6 months
- Short courses designed with busy professionals in mind
- Facilitated by certified LEADS Canada faculty
- Just-in-time learning – Take the full program or just the courses you want
- Developed in partnership with CCHL through LEADS Canada
- Eligible for 10 CCHL maintenance of certification credits (MOCs)
Who should take LEADS Inspired Leadership?
- Those pursuing the CHE Select designation from the Canadian College of Health Leaders
- Frontline and point-of-service professionals in health
- New and experienced managers (e.g., supervisor, team lead, manager, director)
- Those who successfully completed previous CHA Learning courses (e.g., Management Essentials, Integrated Quality Management, Food Service and Nutrition Management, and Health Information Management)
- Those wanting to enhance or refresh their leadership capabilities
Participants can be individuals – or teams – from:
- Across the entire continuum of health services
- Healthcare organizations supporting the health system at all levels (local to national organizations)
- Ministries of health and health authorities
Why take LEADS Inspired Leadership?
By the end of the program you will have:
- had the opportunity to experience new learning that will lead to personal change;
- been supported in translating new leadership knowledge and skills to the work environment;
- increased your leadership capability, competency and confidence to tackle challenges you face;
- begun to explore the application of LEADS as a change leadership model;
- found or strengthened your leadership voice in your organization so you are able to lead regardless of position or title.
There are currently no awards for this program. Click here to learn more about student awards.
All faculty are LEADS Canada certified.
Customize your program to meet your needs through the following options
- Enroll at any time
- Includes 5 courses (represent each of the 5 LEADS domains) and a final project
- 50 hours of learning to be completed at your own pace in up to a maximum of 6 months
CHE Select certification and LEADS Inspired Leadership program bundle
- This is an excellent option for those taking the CHE Select certification and prefer an online program to meet its LEADS learning series requirement.
- The enrolment process begins through the Canadian College of Health Leaders. Contact Stephane Joannette at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Only the courses (domains) that you want
- Enrol at any time (after program launch in November)
- Each course represents a LEADS domain and approximately 8 hours of interactive learning, which can be completed at your own pace in up to 2 months
- Course 1: Lead Self
- Course 2: Engage others
- Course 3: Achieve results
- Course 4: Develop Coalitions
- Course 5: Systems Transformation
English is the language of instruction for all CHA Learning courses. It is therefore recommended that students be competent in reading, writing and speaking English. For more information please contact us.
Students must have basic computer knowledge and internet navigation skills; and access to a computer with Windows 7 or higher.
- Students choosing to use Mac or Linux operating system must have experience using alternate remote access software.
- CHA Learning staff can only assist Windows operating system users and provide technical support in relation to our website; we do not provide technical support for internet and/or basic computer use.
Other technical requirements:
|CHA Learning Technical Requirements|
|Screen Resolution||800×600 (minimum); 1024×768 (recommended)|
|Internet Browsers||The most recent version of one of the following:
|Plug-ins||Pop-up blocker: disabled
Java Script: Enabled
|Internet Connection||Broadband (cable or DSL) connection required|
|Software||Word processing software, Adobe Reader|
There are no application prerequisites for this program. To enrol:
- Click on the enrol button
- Add the product to your cart
- Create an account if you are new to CHA Learning or sign in to your existing account
- Complete the Billing Information page
- Enter your payment information, accept the terms and conditions and make your payment
- You will receive an email with instructions to access the program materials and submit your resume in November when the program opens.
Participants must achieve an overall grade of 60% to pass this program.
Each course will require the participant to complete one graded assessment which will be marked by the faculty. Feedback will be provided. In addition, through case-based learning, participants develop their own leadership scenario and build on it throughout the program. The leadership scenario is submitted with the final project.
Reflection and other learning activities are included to enhance learning and are not graded.
The final project will provide participants the opportunity to apply the learning from the entire program. Faculty mark the final project and provide feedback.
CHA Learning will award students a certificate for successful completion of the program.
- $1,795 for Canadians
- $1,995 for International Students
Note: If you are interested in purchasing the CHE Select and LEADS Inspired Leadership program at the same time a special “bundle price” is available. Contact Stephane Joannette at email@example.com for more information.
The program includes 5 courses, each course represents one LEADS domain. Please contact us if you are interested in taking select courses (domains) only.
All prices listed above are in CAD.
Please note: Bulk registration discounts are available for groups. Please review the Group Enrolment information here.
The LEADS Inspired Leadership program is structured as follows:
- Five courses and a final project:
- Course 1: Lead Self Domain
- Course 2: Engage Others Domain
- Course 3: Achieve Results Domain
- Course 4: Develop Coalitions Domain
- Course 5: Systems Transformation Domain
- Course 6: Final Project
The program includes case-based learning and exploration of the domains within the LEADS in Caring Environment framework. Each course includes:
- A domain assessment (graded)
- A case scenario activity (submitted with the final project)
- Reflection and other learning activities (not graded)
In Final Project you will apply the knowledge, skills, and abilities you have developed throughout the program.
Program launches November 2019